Euler Math Toolbox
This is the homepage of Euler Math Toolbox (EMT), a powerful math program combining numerical and symbolic tools in one free package.
What is Euler Math Toolbox?
Imagine a math system on your home computer or laptop that can do everything you need for your lessons, studies or work in mathematics. And it is all free, expandable, and user friendly. Now you can have just that with Euler Math Toolbox (EMT).
- Numerical as well as symbolic mathematics interactively with immediate results.
- Notebook style interface with Latex formulas, images, ready to be exported as web page. The interface is easy to learn and simple to handle.
- Nice graphics, which can be exported to files or pasted into presentations. With Povray, EMT can even generate photo realistic scenes.
- Quick and reliable numerical computations with real or complex numbers, intervals, vectors and matrices, and with hundreds of pre-defined algorithms and solutions. For more speed, use C or Python in EMT.
- Statistical computations and Monte-Carlo simulations. It comes with many statistical functions.
- Symbolic algebra, calculus and infinite rational arithmetic by the powerful computer algebra system Maxima, seamlessly integrated into the system. Interaction between symbolic and numerical methods help improve your results.
- Documentation, tutorials, examples and a complete reference.
- Open source software free of royalties.
The program has been developed and is maintained by R. Grothmann, professor of mathematics at the University of Eichstätt, together with a net community of helping hands.
The main idea is to provide a program for everyone who needs to do numerical mathematics, optimization, statistics, symbolic or integer mathematics from the beginning student level to the research level in an interactive way with beautiful graphics.
Download Euler Math Toolbox?
EMT is an open source Sourceforge project. The download and the web files are currently located on the home server of EMT.
The program runs in all versions of Microsoft Windows. The Wine emulator allows to run EMT in Linux with some restrictions.
For more, follow the links on the left. Good starting points are the tutorials about the program.
You can also get in contact with the Euler community, if you like. Euler Math Toolbox has hundreds of downloads each month, so there should be definitely someone to help you with problems.
The current Euler version is is "Version 2016-05-11".